Usman Hannan is one of the very few injury lawyers, and perhaps the only personal injury lawyer in Ontario that practices exclusively in dog bite attack and premises injury law.
I am very satisfied with my case outcome. Mr. Hannan and his firm provided the service that I could trust and depend on after the dog bite incident. Thanks so much for their help.
--- Ada Pang
Mr. Hannan is a great lawyer, he helped me through a tough time. He is very professional, efficient and provided excellent quality of service with the best team. .... I highly recommend Mr. Hannan and team. Thank you.
Dog Bite Injury Cases
Every dog bite injury case is unique, and the amount of judgment or settlement depends on a complex array of factors unique to each case.
As she was jogging, a Toronto woman got suddenly bitten on her lower right thigh by the dog of a passerby. We took on the case and settled it for $30,000.00 (2021)
A New Tecumseth region delivery personnel got bitten by a large shepherd dog in her right thigh region on the premises as she was delivering packages. We took on the case, and settled it for $25,000.00 (2021)
A young Mississauga delivery man got bitten by a small dog in his right calf muscle that suddenly ran out of the house. We took on the case and settled it for $20,638.60 (2021)
A little girl got injured by dog attack, especially in her facial area. We took on the case and settled it for $50,000.00 (2020).
Dog attacks can be
Aggressive: Some dogs are aggressive in nature, making them prone to bite another person in their pre-emptive aggression to protect themselves, their territory or their master.
Non Aggressive: Sometimes a dog may become excited and may jump on or bite a person, although it may not be an act of aggression. Dogs have their bad days.
Both aggressive and non-aggressive dog attacks can cause moderate to serious injuries, and may give rise to damage claims. It is generally acknowledged that owners must bear responsibility for his/her dog's behavior, as suggested by many studies. See this article from Smithsonian. The dog owner is deemed to be at fault for a person's injury by his/her dog. However, there are legal exceptions to such a liability as well as possible defenses to minimize the damage claim.
- Dog attacks may leave palpable injuries and trauma for a long period of time. Some have permanent injury marks or scars, often in sensitive areas of their bodies; causing trauma and negatively affecting gait, confidence or overall lifestyle.
- Dog attacks may cause temporary to permanent disability. The victim may not be able to attend school or work for days, months or even years.
- Mental trauma resulting from dog bite attacks are common, and can be very painful or even crippling.
- Some dog attack injuries are less serious, but they may still cause significant pain, shock, bruise and psycho-physical trauma necessitating legal help for damages from an expert dog bite lawyer.
- Children are common dog attack targets, though adults and elderly persons are not spared.
- One dog can also seriously injure, cripple or kill another dog, and thereby causing you a lot of pain as well as financial costs.
Visit our What to do if Bitten By a Dog page to get preliminary guidance on steps to take after a dog bite.
Our Ontario Dog Bite Lawyer based on Toronto-Mississauga serves you by Contingency Arrangement, also known as, No Win No Fee. When you hire us, you do not pay us any out of pocket fees or costs at any stage. Only upon damage recovery from the other side, we take 33.33% of the recovered sum as our fee, and never more than this. If you do not get anything, we also do not get anything. We are always happy to discuss this arrangement candidly with you.
Our Ontario dog bite injury lawyer, working from Toronto-Mississauga office, assess, advocates and recovers monetary damages for all or any of the following for both adults and minors:
- Pain and suffering, which may include:
- Puncture wounds, tooth marks, claw scratches on different parts of the body, often requiring stitches.
- Psychological trauma, like PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), which can range from general anxiety to intense fears and phobias. Symptoms may also include night terrors, agoraphobia (fear of going outside), panic attacks etc.
- Permanent Scar marks in sensitive or visible areas of the body that can negatively impact self esteem, pleasures of life, attractiveness or life-style in general.
- Other types of bodily injuries and scarring, including head injury, broken limbs etc. Many such injuries often result from secondary impact of dog attack like while running / biking away from the attacking dog or falling on the ground due to dog's thrust on the body etc.
- Loss of income because unable to continue working or schooling for a long, short or indefinite period of time.
- Out of pocket expenses, like housekeeping expense, medical expense, reconstructive/plastic surgery expense etc.
- Pain and suffering, which may include:
If you are an employee, and you suffer a dog bite injury during the course of your employment, and you have the option to opt out of WSIB, then we strongly recommend that you talk with our dog bite injury lawyer before opting for pursuing a WSIB claim, and thereby giving up your right to sue for your injury.
Often times, our dog bite injury lawyer is able to obtain a significantly higher overall compensation in a reasonable period of time by using strong advocacy and tort litigation strategy then one would ever obtain from the WSIB.
Dog Bite Injury Law Firm Located in Mississauga, Ontario, and serving Mississauga, Etobicoke, Toronto, North York, Brampton, Oakville, Milton, Burlington, Hamilton, Vaughan, Kitchener, Waterloo and all of Ontario.
We can promptly set up a Free Online No-Obligation Video Consultation Meeting between you and our dog bite injury lawyer. All talks and exchanges can be over the phone, email and online video while you are in your home (or place of treatment). If a child is injured by dog attack, then we talk with the de facto parent as the child's possible litigation guardian. We visit court, home and hospital anywhere in Ontario when/ if necessary.
Whether You are in a small town, big town or in rural area, our Ontario dog bite lawyer in Toronto Mississauga can help you