Slip & Fall, Trip & Fall, Other Premises Liability Injury Lawyer Mississauga, Serving Greater Toronto
If you suffered an injury or assault because the person, municipality or corporation/entity responsible for maintaining the premise in proper order was negligent one way or other, then you may have a premise liability claim, also known as occupier's liability claim.
- A premise can be a supermarket, residential complex, boat, non-moving motor vehicle, nursing home, playground, residence, farm land, transit station, parks, sidewalks, garage, backyard, various resorts, schools, elevators and any number of different places. A premise like a road or walkway can also belong to the municipality, in which case the City or Municipality may be liable for negligence.
- Slip and fall is a common premise injury, but it is not the only type. Premise liability can arise for virtually any type of injury someone sustains because of negligent action or inaction of the person or entity responsible for maintaining the premise safe.
Our Personal Injury Law Practice is focused on Premises Liability Cases, also known as Occupiers' Liability cases. If you have suffered a premise injury, contact Our Premise Liability Personal Injury Lawyer Today for a free consultation. By Rigorous Advocacy, We Can Help Obtain Your Just Compensation For Your Past and Future Loss of Income, and damages for your Pain and Suffering From the Responsible Party.
Cases in Hand
- An elderly lady in a local street festival was struck by a signpost that fell on her shins while she was reading it. She suffered injuries in her shin bones, as well as a thump on her head. We took on the case and settled it for $20,099.55 (2019).
- A lady in her forty tripped in the uneven edge of the sidewalk while she was strolling with her partner. She suffered knee injury requiring surgery, and missed a few week's of work days. We took on the case and settled it for $61,575.00 (2019).
- A professional man in her fifties slipped on ice just as he walked out of a restaurant. He thumped his head, and suffer minor twists in his muscles. Hot beverage also mildly scalded his skin. We took on the case and settled it for $8,500.00 (2019).
- A woman in her fifties slipped and mildly sprained her ankle while checking out of a superstore. She needed minimal medical care. We took on the case and settled it for $2000.00 (2019)
- In a snowy night, a man in his sixties slipped and injured his shoulder in a paid parking lot. We took on the case and settled it for $31,000. (2020)
- A young man get minor surface bites from a dog inside a motel lobby because of the negligence of the motel owner. We took on the case and settled it for $4000. (2020)
Contact us today for a free no obligation consultation.
We lawyer rigorously for the general injured people against powerful entities like companies, landlords etc. Most of our clients find it difficult or impossible to pay lawyer's fee to represent them vigorously. And so we provide our service on a "no win no fee" basis.
Our Premise Liability Personal Injury Lawyer's office is located in greater Toronto area. However, if you are immobile due to injury, our medico-legal doctor, lawyer, and legal staff will be glad to travel to your location to assess you and your case free of charge and with no obligation on your part. So wherever you are in Ontario, for all practical purposes, We are only one email or phone call away from you. Contact us today.
Usman Hannan is a Mississauga and Toronto based Personal Injury Lawyer who passionately pursues premise liability case claims on behalf of the injured victims. He has settled thousands of rightful dollars for his injured clients.
Premise Injury claim can arise in a number of ways.
SLIP & FALL/ TRIP & FALL (most common)
Slip and Fall happens when there is substance on your walk-way that cause to lose balance as you tread on it, and typically you fall on your back. The substance can be ice, water etc.
Trip and fall happens when you lose balance as your foot typically hits a raised surface or object, and you fall on your front side.
Both types of falls can happen in various settings, like:
- Workplace falls
- Falls on Public Property
- Falls in Markets
- Falls in Residences
- Falls on Construction Sites
- Falls on Ice and Snow
- Falls by the Elderly or Disabled
- Playground Accidents
- Falls in Hospitals and Health Care Facilities.
ASIDE FALLS, MANY OTHER TYPES OF ACCIDENTS & INJURIES CAN TAKE PLACE DUE TO NEGLIGENCE OF PREMISE OWNERS LIKE HOSPITALS, DAY CARE CENTERS, SUPERMARKETS ETC. FOR EXAMPLE:
- Injury Due to Breach of Fire Code
- Injury Due to Defective/Inadequate/ Below Standard Security System
- Injury Due to Hazardous Substance in the Premise
- Assaults/ Injuries Due to Premise Owner's Any other Negligence or lack of maintenance or repairs.
Personal or Business Liability for Premise Injury
Have you suffered injury in a personal or business premise because the person or business did not maintained the premise properly or did not provide sufficient warnings? For example, a homeowner or shop owner may have not salted the snowy walk-way, or may have left slippery substance in the walk-way, whereby you slip/fall and got injured. While most common cases of injury in a property are slip & fall or trip & fall cases, an injury in a premise can be sustained in various other ways as well. For example, a premise owner may be liable if you are assaulted on their premise due to negligent security system.
In Ontario, injury cases in Business and Private Properties are governed by the Occupier's Liability Act, and ever evolving case laws. Our Experienced Premise Liability Personal Injury Lawyer can assist you to launch a proper damage claim against the responsible party, and obtain an optimized settlement award with the Insurance Adjuster or a judgement in the Court System.
Municipal Liability For Your Injury
A Municipality has duties
To keep the roads, sidewalks, highways, bridges etc. in a good repair and safe condition,
To ensure proper signage,
To responsibly handle significant weather events like snow storms and more.
Failure to perform such duties may result in accidents and damages to persons, for which the Municipality may be held liable to give the injured person adequate damages for wage loss, pain and suffering etc. However, statutory protections accorded to the Cities under acts like Municipal Act, 2001, and evolving case laws have given the Municipalities substantial technical leeway protections against liabilities. All of these make it critically important that if you have suffered an injury in a City Property, and you think the City/ Municipality has been negligent to cause your injury, you contact a dedicated municipal liability and personal injury lawyer without delay, and follow your personal injury lawyer's advice from as early on as possible.
We offer free in-person consultation, and we take cases on a 'no win no fee basis'.
Call us today.
WE ARE RIGOROUS AND STRONG IN OUR PERSONAL INJURY ADVOCACY
Get Our Legal Assistance to Squarely Obtain Your Just Compensation
Many a good claims have turned not so good because the claimant called us too late. A civil law suit must be commenced within the required statutory time frame with proper evidence. We can steer your good claim in the right and timely direction by carefully utilizing the current legal system and regime.
Our initial consultations are free and without any obligation. Most of our clients find one to one consultation with our lawyer very relieving and enlightening. Following Consultation, We do Free Rigorous Case Assessment and share our findings with you. We take on a legal case on a No Win No Feebasis.
If you are Immobile due to injury, our medico-legal doctor, lawyer, and legal staff will be glad to travel to your location to assess you and your case free of charge and with no obligation on your part. So wherever you are in Ontario, for all practical purposes, We are only one email or phone call away from you.
CALL AND BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION WITH OUR LAWYER IN MISSISSAUGA. GET VALUABLE INSIGHTS, AVOID DISAPPOINTMENTS.